Vocabulary Quiz (09/20/2019)
Please write the vocabulary word that will complete each sentence on your index card. Write the number and the vocabulary word. Do not copy the sentence.
1. A (n)_____________ is a living thing made up of at least one cell.
2. Your _____________ is made up of all the microorganisms that are living inside of you.
3. You cannot see bacteria without a microscope because bacteria are _____________.
4. A(n)_____________ allows you to show how big or small something is by comparing it to something else.
5. Cells are made up of _____________.
6. Cells are measured with a unit called a _____________ (one-millionth of a meter).
7. A(n) _____________ is the smallest unit we discussed (one-billionth of a meter).
8. C. difficile and C. jejuni are two types of _____________.
9. You should always use _____________ to support your claim.
10. Your _____________ explains how your evidence supports your claim.
Read the fact page on C. difficile bacteria (posted below).
- Write down three facts that are “relevant” to our work in class. (Remember, we are trying to convince Senator Naismith that we need money to research fecal transplants.)
- Write down one question about C. difficile that you would like to research. (What else do you want to know?)
link to fact page (post the actual page!)
What is C. diff?
Read and answer the questions for documents 4-6.
Annotate each document. (If you do not underline and annotate, you will not receive any credit.) Remember, the purpose of answering the document questions and annotating the text is to get information that will help you answer the document based essay question: “How advanced were the Mayan, Aztec, and Incan civilizations? What were their major accomplishments?”
(The document set will count as 50 point homework grade when we finish it. Have it with you each day until I collect it.)
You DO NOT have to write the essay tonight.