Book Sale on Thursday, May 30th (Your first book is free, all others are $1)
Use pages 550-564 of your textbook to help you complete a graphic organizer that shows the organization of plant types Start with PLANTS, then split into VASCULAR and NONVASCULAR. You should have nine or ten boxes in your graphic organizer and each box should have content vocabulary or an example. Remember to include a BIG History connection for each box. Please work on loose-leaf or white paper. I will collect and grade your work. (50 points)
You will also have a quiz based on this material on Tuesday.
The plan of your BIG History essay is due on Tuesday. Use the rubric below to help you
complete your work.
1. Grading Rubric for the Writing Piece (100 points)
- Clearly Identify the topic and give a specific date or range of dates (20 points).
- Give detail and background about your topic (including at least one date) and explain why it is an important part of history that people should know about (40 points). You should write two body paragraphs for this part. Use details from your research.
- Make a clear connection between your topic and other material you learned about this year in any of your classes. Explain how these two topics (ants and slavery, for example) are connected (20 points).
- Type or write neatly and observe the writing conventions that we have practiced all year (20 points).
YOU MAY WRITE IN THE FIRST PERSON (use the word “I”) FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT.
(Plan your writing so that the final product is an organized essay like the ones that we have been writing all year. You do not need a counterclaim for this essay. Ask for an essay rubric if you need help.)