Complete All Operations with Integers worksheet.
Your timeline is due on Friday.
Test Tuesday: Integers
- Use pages 101-109 of your textbook to help you complete pages 37-39 of your workbook.
The material on these sheets is on your quiz. (You probably did most of this work during class.)
- Add the following words to your Science Dictionary:
Quiz Thursday: (Fill in the blank vocabulary) Study the material from workbook pages 37-39 and your science dictionary
Your Acid Rain Research Report is due on Friday (cover, published piece,draft, and planning page.) Detailed instructions and a rubric are found below.
NOTE: You may continue to work on the draft of your acid rain research paper (see below) if you have time, but you WILL NOT receive a zero if you do not have the draft completed by tomorrow.
Science Essay Rubric
20 points: Your essay is written in paragraphs and follows a clear plan of organization. You skillfully addressed the entire task.
20 points: Your essay uses content vocabulary in a meaningful way.
20 points: Your essay is neat and complete (including a cover).
20 points: Your essay includes clear evidence of editing, revising, and rewriting.
20 points: Your essay demonstrates attention to spelling and writing conventions.
You may use any website that you find useful. Try doing a Google search. End your search with the words “for kids” (example: “acid rain for kids”).
Sample Writing Plan:
- (Paragraph 1) Introduction: Introduce the topic, give background, and make a claim/thesis.
- (Paragraph 2) Body 1: Explain what acid rain is and how it is damaging the monument or building you are studying
- (Paragraph 3) Body 2: (Challenge/Optional) Give a more detailed description of the science behind chemical weathering and acid rain.
- (Paragraph 4) Body 3: Discuss what could be done to protect or restore the monument that you are studying.
- (Paragraph 5) Conclusion: Restate your claim/thesis, restate the most important points, and write a closing sentence.
Copy Word Gen vocabulary and definitions into your vocabulary notebook.
Read pages 54-57 in your textbook.
Write a paragraph that describes the challenges faced by settlers in an American colony. Use evidence from the Settler Game (from class) and your textbook to support your writing.
Quiz tomorrow: 20 states, 7 continents, 5 oceans, and early exploration (draw lines showing the path of the explorers)