Read page 145. Answer questions 28 and 29 and page 147 numbers 25-27.
- Your two-paragraph writing assignment is due tomorrow. Include a cover with a title and your name. You must also have a draft or a plan.
TASK: "Plan and write two paragraphs about vision. Paragraph one should give a general description of how vision works in humans (pages 229 and 231). Paragraph two should focus on a specific area that you explored."
Sample Plan for Your Writing Assignment
- Paragraph One: describe the way that the eye usually works to turn electromagnetic waves into images that we “see”
- Paragraph Two: describe a problem that results in the vision process. (See page 230 of your textbook for an example.)
- I can organize my writing into paragraphs with clear topic sentences.
- I can use supporting evidence and content vocabulary in each paragraph.
- I can write a clear summary sentence for each paragraph.
- I can include a plan or draft to show that I planned my work.
- I can include a neat cover with a title, my name, and class. ALL of the words on my cover are spelled correctly.
Rewrite the paragraph from today's class on loose-leaf. Be sure it is neat and complete.
Read pages 158-162 in your textbook. Complete numbers 1-5 (all letters) on page 162 in your notebook by Monday. You will receive a grade for completing this work (50 points). Number each answer and use evidence from the text for each response.