Thursday, December 15, 2016

Homework Number 2-33 (12/15/2016)

Math
Finish worksheet on rigorous word problems.  Please show all work on loose-leaf.

Science
One: Answer questions 1-3 on page 251.

Two: You will hand in your lab packet tomorrow  (100 points).
1. All pages must be filled in.
2. The final copy of your graph should be on graph paper.  Write “Final Copy” on the top. Follow the success criteria.
3. Your conclusion must be typed or written on a separate piece of paper. Follow the success criteria.


Conclusion Success Criteria:

  1. I can clearly state whether my hypothesis was correct or incorrect.
  2. I can identify a trend about what happens to state (solid, liquid, gas) when temperature  goes up.
  3. I can use specific evidence from the graph and chart to support my writing.
  4. I can explain how I controlled my variables (how I kept certain things constant for each trial).
  5. I can explain how controlling my variables led to accurate (good) results.


Graph Success Criteria:
  1. Make an x-axis and a y-axis.  Leave enough room to label each axis.
  2. Write “Temperature in ℃.” on the y-axis.
  3. Write “Time” on the x-axis.
  4. At the top of the graph write “Change of State of a 100 gram Sample of Water.”
  5. Create a scale on the y-axis that makes sense.  Remember, you must go from -100 degrees to 150 degrees.


ELA
Use the Word Gen words from this week in sentences in your vocabulary notebook.

Social Studies
You are excused from the written homework tonight!  You did a great job with the classwork.
Please use the time to study for tomorrow's quiz.

Read pages 170-173 in your textbook.  Analyze the “Primary Source” on page 172 and answer the question in the green box.

Quiz tomorrow: Preamble and maps

(Click these links to practice.)
Practice with this blank map of the United States.
Practice with this blank map of the world.


The Preamble can be found on page 188 of the textbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment