Buckle Down workbook
page 99, numbers 21-26
page 240, 21-24
page 243, 11-17
Read pages 282-283 in your textbook. Answer questions 2 and 5 on page 283.
Extra Credit: Adopt an element. Make an attractive tile that is a copy of the one in the back of your textbook. On a separate sheet of paper, write a paragraph that gives interesting facts about your element.
Periodic Table Song with words
Copy the new Word Gen words and definitions into your vocabulary notebook.
Write a short speech about the role of government in our lives (Helping Hands or Hands Off):
Paragraph One: Present your group’s claim/argument/thesis and provide supporting evidence.
Paragraph Two: Present the counterclaim and one piece of supporting evidence.
Paragraph Three: Refute the counterclaim (explain why your claim is better than the counterclaim) and write a concluding sentence.
You must use a quotation from the Constitution or textbook. Cite your evidence.(Write on loose-leaf)
Success Criteria for your Helping Hands/Hands Off Speech
- I can write in complete, organized paragraphs.
- I can write a clear claim/thesis at the end of the introduction.
- I can give and cite clear evidence that supports my claim.
- I can provide a counterclaim and rebut it.
- I can write a clear conclusion that restates my claim and gives a strong closing sentence.