Please remember to bring in your signed permission slip for the Wagner College trip on 2/27. Remember, no slip means not trip.
Complete questions 1-10 in the equations worksheet.
Read pages 384-387 in your science book.
1.Describe the way that skin helps to regulate body temperature.
2. Describe what happens when you get a bruise.
3. Write the terms highlighted in yellow on pages 373-390 of your textbook in your Science Dictionary of the Human Body. (Due on Thursday)Vocabulary Quiz on Friday (open book)
Complete the writing plan started in class yesterday.
Read “Missouri Compromise” and “The Election of 1824” on pages 304 and 305. In a paragraph, explain how the Compromise and the election were a result of sectionalism in the United States.You have a an in-class writing assignment tomorrow based on your homework. Bring your vocabulary words (1-10) from Friday to use as evidence.
Vacation Homework (Due Monday, February 27th)
Complete your writing assignment for Black History Month. Include a cover, published piece, and draft. Please follow the success criteria.
Success criteria for your Black History Month writing assignment:
- I can write a clear introduction with a topic, background, and claim.
- I can write at least one body paragraph that uses specific evidence with citations to support my claim. (You must have at least two pieces of evidence. Cite each source.)
- I can write a clear conclusion that restates my claim and explains why my topic is something that people should care about today, in 2017.
Read pages 408-409 in your textbook. Complete the following in your notebook:
- What is the real-world/inquiry question?
- What is the independent variable (IV)?
- What is the dependent variable (DV)?
- What are three constants/control variables?
- What is a possible control group?
- Write a hypothesis that answers the the real-world/inquiry question.
- Write a 5-step procedure that includes at least one number/measurement.
- Identify a possible limitation/source of error. How will this limitation influence your data?