Complete the probability worksheets.
- Read pages 403-407 in your textbook.
- The first draft of your Skin Sensitivity Lab Report is due on Monday. Follow the Sample Lab Report Outline to make sure that you have all of the parts.
Sample Lab Report Outline
· Identify the topic/science question
· Give background with science vocabulary
· Write your hypothesis (if, then, because) where the thesis should go; identify the independent variable, dependent variable, and rationale (reason you have for making your prediction)
In a separate list:
· Independent Variable
· Dependent Variable
· Constants/Control Variables (at least three)
· Control Group (if required)
· Write in numbered list form
· Label the IV, DV, and constants
· Explain how you will record data
· Use numbers and measurements
· Be as specific as possible
· Include at least five steps
· Explain how you will control (keep separate) all variables
· Identify all materials you will use (at least five)
· Explain how you will use each material
Graph or Chart
· Record your data from the experiment on a graph or chart
· Label your graph or chart
· Identify the IV and the DV
· Restate your hypothesis and say whether it was correct or not
· Identify a specific strength and a specific limitation
· Explain how each specific strength or limitation had an influence on your experiment
· Use numbers and details from your introduction, procedure, and graph/chart as evidence to support your writing
· Summarize the way you kept your variables isolated (controlled) and how this led to reliable data for your experiment
· Explain what you will do differently next time
Published Monster essay is due on Monday (2 packets):
1. First Draft, writing plan, Assignment Sheet, editing checklist
2. Published copy with a complete cover:
c. name and class number
Write a detailed plan for your story. Your plan should be written as a story mountain. Include at least three content vocabulary terms. Use pages 332-337 in your textbook for help.
(Only the plan is due on Monday.)
1. Write a short story where Andrew Jackson discusses why he wants to remove American Indians from where they are living.
2. Write a short story where Chief Black Hawk tells his warriors why they must continue to fight for their land.
3. Write a short story where Andrew Jackson and Chief Black Hawk confront each other.
Three Rules for this assignment:
1. You must have at least two speakers.
2. You must have at least a page of writing.
3. You must use at least three content vocabulary terms.
Include a plan and a draft.