Finish any work that you did not complete during class (Dream House Project).
Read pages 550-555. Answer questions 1-6 on page 555. Checked as HW on Tuesday (50 pt. HW quiz).
1. Ready your book for at least 20 minutes.
2. Write a paragraph in your notebook comparing the movie and your book.
The first draft of your BIG History essay is due on Tuesday. Tomorrow, you should have an introduction with a clear topic, background, and strong claim/thesis.
Grading Rubric for the Writing Piece (100 points)
- Clearly Identify the topic and give a specific date or range of dates (20 points)
- Give background about your topic (including a date) and explain why it is an important part of our history that people should know about (20 points)
- Make a clear connection between your topic and material you learned about in another class (20 points)
- Identify three other facts or topics that you were inspired to learn about as a result of studying your BIG History topic (20 points)
- Type or write neatly and observe the writing conventions that we have practiced all year (20 points)