PLEASE BRING IN YOUR TRIP SLIP AND MONEY FOR LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER (DUE FRIDAY).
page 144, numbers 16-18
page 145, numbers 19-20
Our trip to the zoo is tomorrow. Be sure to bring a pencil for sketching and notetaking. Dress for the weather and bring an umbrella if necessary. You will receive a grade (100 points) for completing a sketch and taking notes. You should focus your sketch and notes on an adaptation (teeth, claws, fur, feathers, etc.).
Things to bring on the trip tomorrow:
- A pencil for sketching
- An umbrella or raincoat (if necessary)
- Lunch (if you would like to)
Read for 20 minutes in your book club book. All books must be finished by Friday, June 2.
The first draft of your BIG History essay is due on Monday. Tomorrow, you should have an introduction with a clear topic, background, and strong claim/thesis.
Grading Rubric for the Writing Piece (100 points)
- Clearly Identify the topic and give a specific date or range of dates (20 points)
- Give background about your topic (including a date) and explain why it is an important part of our history that people should know about (20 points)
- Make a clear connection between your topic and material you learned about in another class (20 points)
- Identify three other facts or topics that you were inspired to learn about as a result of studying your BIG History topic (20 points)
- Type or write neatly and observe the writing conventions that we have practiced all year (20 points)